There were several water pipe breaks in the church due to the freezing temperatures we've experienced this last week. About a third of the sanctuary was flooded.
Obviously, until further notice, church services at the church are canceled until the damages can be repaired. At this point there is no timeline or definite plan of action. The Pastor and Head Elder will be visiting the church to assess the damage today (February 19th) and they will be contacting the Conference about insurance options, discussing the repair plan, future plans, all available options, etc.
Once a course of action has been decided upon and work has begun, I will try to update this post as much as necessary to keep everyone updated on the progress. Most pictures and videos will be placed on our church website (baytownsda.net) in the Media Archive.
The option of conducting church services in the annex is not available to us right now due to several reasons. We have no running water until the pipe breaks and all other plumbing issues can be fixed first. We are also experiencing issues with the HVAC system so there is no heat (maybe no A/C when that is needed) in the sanctuary or in the annex right now.
Once we have running water in the annex the church could rent a couple port-a-potties but that option is up to the church leadership to decide whether that is a good course of action to get us back up and running.
Until the church is ready or another option is available, we will conduct services on Zoom and we will broadcast Zoom live to Facebook and YouTube.
Check back often, we'll update this post when new info is available.